Sunday, August 16, 2015

This is a note that I (Mom) wrote to Jarod for his first Trek

Dear Jarod,

It's hard for me to believe that you are almost 15 years old. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was on my knees pleading with heavenly father to please send me a baby. I promised him that if he sent me a baby I would do everything I could to raise him up to the Lord. I know that sometimes you think my parenting endeavors are a little overboard/cheesy but I take that promise very seriously and it is probably why I come across so intense to you. Know that I do it in love because I want to help you even though it might not come across that way sometimes.

I love you so very much and I want you to experience all of the happiness that you can possibly have. I know that when we live how the Lord wants us to live we can experience ultimate happiness. I know that he has a mission and purpose for you and that as you except his will for your life you will be so blessed. It is my hope that I can help you to find that mission and purpose. Ultimately though I know it is your job to figure that out. I am proud of the decisions that you make like choosing to go to the temple, to read your scriptures, to say your prayers and by putting your heart into your school assignments and by showing kindness to those around you. I see how doing these things have grown your character and it makes me so proud!

I can't tell you how thankful I am that heavenly father sent you to me first. You are my dear friend and you have taught me so many things in my parenting journey. I used to think that I would prefer to have younger children and that I would be really sad when my children got older, but because of you I don't think that anymore. I love talking with you, you make me laugh and help me to realize the importance of having fun. I'm looking forward to our relationship as adults. When you told me about the goals you had set for yourself this summer I felt like I got to see a little glimpse of the adult that you are becoming. Your work ethic is strong and your persistence is inspiring. You have a gift for reading social cues and being aware of what people are thinking and feeling around you. I'll never forget the day I told you that I thought something was wrong with Will. I started to cry and you just hugged me and told me everything was going to be alright. That meant so much to me and really helped me to feel better. I've admired watching you with Will these last few weeks. It is so sweet to see how much you care about him. You are going to be an amazing daddy someday.

Keep up the good work Jared. This time in your life is such an important preparation time to lay the foundation of happiness for the rest of your life. The choices you make in the next few years will affect you forever! Life isn't without its challenges but I am so excited to see what your future will look like. I love you so much and I'm so very thankful and proud to be your mommy! 😊😅

No comments:

Post a Comment