Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Letter to Uncle Josh from Mom

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T


From: agroenorton@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:08:14 +0000
To: Joshua Henry Groen<joshua.groen@myldsmail.net>
ReplyTo: agroenorton@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Hola hola

Glad to hear all is going well Josh. Going to be so weird for you to have summer twice this year!
I just came back from a homeschool conference in Salt lake and it was so great to be in the Utah "bubble"! I would love to live there. We went to temple square and the spirit was so strong there! The sister missionaries brought us around and we got to watch Music and the Spoken word. I cried like a baby the spirit was so strong! Especially when they sang God be with you till we meet again! My testimony was strengthened as I thought about the pioneers who had the vision for that place. God had a vision and a great purpose for them as he does for all of us. That was confirmed to me on that trip. I feel like I'm really starting to see the bigger picture He has of me.
Jer and I will be Ma and Pa to 10 kids this summer on a stake pioneer trek which should be fun. I'm sure many of the pioneer lessons will be drilled in then!
I got some very good news last week. It's a miracle really but I got my test results back from some heart tests I had done and the results were amazing!! I'm not sure how much you've known about how bad things got after Josh was born but there was a point were the doctors told me I had about 5 years before I would need a new heart and that I needed a pacemaker to prevent a heart attack. I was told there was no cure. This last pregnancy stirred up some great fear and caused me to have some amazing faith and I was able to find a doctor on line who believed in a cure. He gave me a whole new perspective and hope and medication and I am know completely CURED. Even with this last pregnancy I have had no relapse (thanks to his advice)which gives us a lot of understanding about my condition. Going through a miscarriage and years of fear of death has been hard but it has brought me so much wisdom and understanding that now I'm great full for it. It even has provided the opportunity for us to safely bring another spirit into our home if that is what the Lord wants us to do. I feel so blessed!
I'm in the RS presidency now and I can't wait to share all that I've learned with the sisters!
This week is spring cleaning at our house so I need to go. Next week we leave for FL. Feels good to purge and we are so excited for some sun!!!
Keep up the good work! Love ya
Am

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T


From: Joshua Henry Groen <joshua.groen@myldsmail.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:08:50 +1100
To: AnnMarie Norton<agroenorton@yahoo.com>; Ben Groen<bcgroen@gmail.com>; Brandi Groen<brandigroen@yahoo.com>; Cindi Groen<cindigroen@gmail.com>; Dad<peter.2.groen@gm.com>; Jacqueline McCleve<jmccleve@botc.com>; Jerry Norton<jlnorton1234@me.com>; Josh Groen<jhgroen5@gmail.com>; Peter Groen<pagroen@comcast.net>; Steve Groen<spgroen@svsu.edu>
Subject: Hola hola

Hey everybody! I hope everyone had a great week this week. Unfortuneately I don't have much time this week as today we went to the temple and we still have a bunch of other things we need to do so this will be a real short one.
 
This week has been going really well. I'm loving my time back in the city and things are getting better. We have one investigator that we set a baptismal date with and he should be baptized next month! He is way good, and now we are just working with him to keep the commandments. He has some word of wisdom issues, but I have faith that he will be able to conquer them. He is very sincere and has a great desire. Everytime we talk with him he says thank you to us for teaching him and helping him in his life. We look forward to his baptism soon.
 
On a sad note, one of our zone leaders was emergency transfered from the area today for some reason that we don't know. I don't think it was our zone leaders that were having a problem, so it must be whovever is coming in. Hopefully everything will work out.
 
The weather here is steadily getting colder and more rainy...winter is definitely on its way. Every now and then things heat up though.
 
Overall things are good...really good and I am excited for the miracles that are on their way to our zone. Everyone here is doing so well.
 
Well, that's about it for this week. I love you all. Thanks for the updates on Jon too. He is such a great friend to me.
 
Con amor,
 
Elder Groen
 
 
 
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment