Sunday, August 1, 2010

Re: Sweet As!

Glad to hear you are not too badly injured. Everyone is pretty happy and healthy around here. In fact I just got some heart test results back that say my heart is perfect. Literally perfect. It used to be low normal but now they can't find anything to report. Pretty cool, I have all but one doc totally confused. The other one expected a full recovery :) I like him the most :)The Lord really answers prayers! I feel so blessed. Our life is really awesome! I'm really getting into school with the kids. Just can't get enough reading in these days. I love to learn! Just the other day I found the BEST scriptures (D&C 88:77-80)about education and what I need to do to prepare me and my kids for their missions on this earth. It really answered a lot of questions for me, about all that we should study in the upcoming school year and beyond. I love personal revelation! This is my work and my glory!
Keep up the good work. But try to be a little more careful this week ;)
Love Am

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T


From: Joshua Henry Groen <joshua.groen@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 10:41:34 +1000
To: Ben Groen<bcgroen@gmail.com>; Dad<peter.2.groen@gm.com>; Jacqueline McCleve<jmccleve@botc.com>; Jerry Norton<jlnorton1234@me.com>; Josh Groen<jhgroen5@gmail.com>; Peter Groen<pagroen@comcast.net>; Steve Groen<spgroen@svsu.edu>; <agroenorton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Sweet As!

How ya goin family of mine? Thanks again for your letters. Well this week has been pretty good, but once again there is not too much too report. We are still struggling to find new investigators but it's been hard lately because we have had so many meetings and zone leader things to do. This week will not be much better because half of it will be spent in Sydney for a special training. The training should be pretty exciting though and I am looking forward to it. I hope that with this new training we will all be able to improve ourselves and get this work rolling.
 
Well let's see....this week I managed to injure my self a few times. Nothing serious or anything just little cuts...and burns. The first injury came on Friday when we decided to play basketball with the ward. But somehow as I went for a rebound I ended up with a finger in my eye and a little scratch on my eyelid. Again...it was nothing serious...so don't worry mom. :)  The other one was totally my fault. You see our flat has a serious problem with ants. They are abosutely everywhere. So one night we came home to find hundreds of ants all over the bench (that's what they call the counter). We quickly moved into action and got some tape to pick them all up. I had succefully done so when I had the bright idea to burn the tape, because I didn't want the little rascals  to get free. Well I didn't pay close enough attention and ended up with molten tape on my finger. Thankfully I didn't burn it too bad though. So this week I learned my lesson to not light ants on fire and even my mission president just wrote in his email to not do things like that. But it was a fun experience. Ha ha. So no worries Mom, I learned my lesson and I will never do it again. :)
 
We've been working hard to excite the members here and I think we are making some progress. There are already a few families that have shared with us their missionary experiences that they've had lately. We even had a sister invite one of her friends to church.
 
The transfer is almost over now, but I'm pretty confident that I will stay here. I'm glad because I know there is still a lot for me to do here. At times I get a little frustrated with how slow the pace is here compared to the city. But I'm trying my best and trying to make best better so I can be an effective instrument in the Lord's hands. 
 
Well I love all of you and I hope you all have a great week.
 
Con amor,
 
Elder Groen



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment